Monday, June 23, 2014

We need to quit telling lies on Facebook......

http://www.kveller.com/blog/parenting/we-need-to-quit-telling-lies-on-facebook/

The above link is to a blog by Sarah Tuttle Singer

Everyday I see all the shining details of my friends life on FB. Their pinterest perfect, cookie cutter life. We have some private issues going on that Stephen and I are working hard to deal with, but it's a private family thing and not something that belongs on Facebook but the struggle is real and it is mentally exhausting to say the least. Anyway I came across this article a few months ago and it spoke to me so much. It gave me hope. Every day when I wake up I pray that I am a good mom, that I have the strengthen to make it through the day, that my kids go to bed knowing they are loved and supported. I screw up way more than I should but I take comfort when I see the few other moms that post the real everyday happenings....it helps me feel not alone is a very alone place. People say that one day I will miss these days.....last night as I rocked Bella in the early morning hours I smelled her hair and thanks God that I had her. I laid her back in bed and I walked into Xander's room, his snoring was sweet and I covered him up. I slowly walked down the stairs exhausted but fulfilled because they need me right now. Someone said a few weeks ago, these are the hardest years but they are the years they need you. I have been trying to push past all the hard everyday events and focus on the fact that right now, I am their world and I am lucky enough to be their mom and I am beyond blessed to be able to be here with them day in and day out. It is never easy, the worry, the fear, the anxiety.....I am shaping two peoples lives right now....it's a real panicked feeling....I could screw them up for life. But I try and remind myself, I love them, more than my own life and even when I make mistakes I am quick to say I'm sorry.  The point is I am not perfect, I complain, I screw up and I drop the ball more than I should in many aspects of my life. I have abandonment issues and I have a total fear of well being a failure. But in my heart....my heart.....I only want the best for them, the best for Stephen. In my many days of the same thing over and over again it is easy to forget that life no matter how hard it is....is beautiful. I was lucky enough to find Stephen at a young age and I will grow old with him....knowing that in his eyes I will always be perfect. My fears surround me daily. My mind will always worry but I pray, everyday I pray to be better than I was yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment