Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Meet Jamie! Our First Super Star of the Week!

I wanted to start a super star of the week on my fitness page, my biggest goal in starting the page was to show people that you CAN do it. You can be the healthy person you've always wanted to be and still live your life. You don't have to starve, you don't have to go without at parties or outings. You have to learn portion control. You sometimes have to say no or not today, but it's worth it in the end to look in the mirror and be proud to be you and feel amazing in your own body. I've met so many wonderful and inspiring people since I started my own journey in January, one in particular is Jamie.

Meet Jamie a 26 year old from Pennsylvania, who has always struggled with her weight. Recently she and I had a great chat, I asked her some questions about her journey!! Check out Jamie's story below!
2005 250lbs

When did you start your journey? 
"2006! I was pushing 250lbs and my size 20 pants were getting tight."


Have you always had a weight issue? 
"Yes"

What made you start your fitness journey?

 "I just felt like I had to do something. My feet and knees were painful all the time, I didn't feel good about myself, I just started trying and then kept on truckin"
What is your favorite exercise routine?
"Zumba! I love dancing and I get excited about any dance class that I can modify for knee problems."  
 What's on your playlist that gets you pumped? 
2010
"A lot of hip hop, reggaeton, and dance music. Lots of motivating lyrics to phat bass beats.
Here's my Spotify playlist":
Gurl Look At That Body How much weight have you lost total?
"About 110lbs"
What tips do you have for someone still working towards their goal?
Foodwise: "Cook several meals at once! I prepare a week's worth of meals on Monday nights and separate all of the servings out into separate Tupperware containers."  
Exercise: "Try different things and don't be afraid to be a newbie! Also, cleaning counts as activity points in Weight Watchers" ;) How did you lose the weight/ what plan did you follow?
"I started really small: taking the stairs instead of the elevator and parking my car farther away in parking lots. I remember parking on the roof of parking garages so I had to do several flights and felt so good when I could do it with ease! After that I started by using the Livestrong app, getting a gym membership, and buying some personal training sessions. I've used probably every fitness and diet tracking app...I would get bored with one or stop using it for months at a time and then try a different one. I think SparkPeople and WeightWatchers have been my favorite thus far!
I made a huge lifestyle change with my diet....which was my biggest challenge. I cut soda completely, stopped hitting fast food restaurants, and drank more water. I stopped justifying the drive thru and would go months at a time without going! I also started cooking and packing things full of vegetables.
Now I use WeightWatchers faithfully (Meetings and the eTools) and I think this is perfect for me." What's your favorite "cheat" meal? 
"Fried chicken with homemade macaroni and cheese. There's just no right way to half the fat on these."
2012
What is your favorite snacks?
"Frozen bananas, grapes, hummus, and laughing cow light semi-soft cheese" How do you feel to hit lifetime status with WW?
"So satisfying. I was especially excited to get 6 extra points per day!"

2013 140lbs
Who is your biggest inspiration?
"My friends! I've got a really great core of friends that are supportive and will listen to me prattle on endlessly about Weight Watchers and the new yoga classes I'm trying."

What's your favorite motivational/weight loss quote:
"Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down"
Jamie congrats on all your hard work, you look amazing and you are most defiantly a super star!


Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat

No comments:

Post a Comment