Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Recipe Corner: Weight Watchers Honey Chicken with Cashews

Weight Watchers has done it again....another AMAZING recipe I made tonight. I love making recipes that I haven't tried before, it's so exciting! I kept taking bites thinking....surely I didn't just make this....this most definitely should be considered "bad" for your "diet". One of the many many reasons I love WW is because I always feel like I'm cheating when I'm actually not, I'm making my own food which is delicious and it tastes so so good! I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did! I added a few things to it to spice it up for our family and I will note them in ingredients.


Weight Watchers Honey Chicken with Cashews
Serves 4
8 points plus/ 6 classic points

Ingredients:

3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons corn starch 
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1lb chicken tenders, cut length wise into think strips
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 red bell peppers (I used 1 mini red bell pepper since I'm the only one who likes them)
6 baby carrots, cut into 4 slices each (I added this)
1/2 onion, thinly sliced (I added this) 
1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
2 cups hot cooked whole wheat thin spaghetti

Directions:

1. Whisk together broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl until smooth

2. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Spray wok or large deep nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over high heat until a drop of water sizzles in wok/skillet. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds; transfer to plate.

3. Add bell peppers (onions and carrots if you are using them) to wok/skillet and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes. (I added a little bit of water while they cooked so they didn't burn) Return chicken to wok/skillet along with cashews; stir-fry until heated through, about 1 minute. Re-whisk broth mixture; add to wok/skillet and stir-fry until sauce bubbles and thickens, about 1 minute longer. Serve over spaghetti.

**Weight Watchers healthy note suggestion
Add 2 cups of trimmed and cut green beans to the wok/skillet along with the peppers in step 3. ** 

Weight Watchers Honey Chicken with Cashews

** In the above photo I added a small about of cashews to the top of each plate for a little extra crunch (just make sure if you do this you account for the added points)

Serves 4
Per Serving: 1 cup of chicken mixture. 1/2 cup of spaghetti
310 calories/7g fat/2g sat fat/0g trans fat/ 63mg chol/504 mg sod/33g carb/10g sugar/5g fiber/30g prot/38mg calc


Source: Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
You can get yours here:
http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watchers-One-Pot-Cookbook/dp/1118038126/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_har?ie=UTF8&qid=1384439966&sr=8-1&keywords=weight+watchers+one+pot

www.weightwatchers.com 
Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat

No comments:

Post a Comment