Saturday, April 26, 2014

Recipe Corner: Staci's Chicken Salad

Looking for a fun easy and super tasty lunch?! Then try this recipe out!
I'm always trying to find ways to make the things I love be healthier, I love chicken salad, but I don't want to use light or fat free mayo to make it, it just never tastes right. By using mayo you take something that could be a very low fat meal and you turn it into this high fat salad. A few friends have asked me how I make my chicken salad and this is my new favorite way to make it. Tastes way better than the mayo version too!

Serves 1
2pts/3pp

2oz canned chicken breast
1 laughing cow light cheese wedge ( I use garlic and herb)
crushed pepper
1 oz avocado (some days I add 2oz and it ups the point levels by 1) 

Mix the cheese wedge with the chicken and add pepper to taste. I usually cut the avocado into chunks or strips and place on top of my chicken salad or you can mash them into the salad. Enjoy!

Chicken Salad on baked corn tortilla shells 4pts/5pp total 


**I am obsessed with putting my chicken salad on baked corn tortillas! If you want to try this out I use Mission Ultra thin yellow corn tortillas. Turn oven on to 425 and spray cookie sheet with spray place tortillas on cookie sheet and spray them with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt, place in over as soon as you do this (it won't preheated) bake for 10 minutes....comes out perfect!
Sometimes I just eat the salad, or I will wrap it in lettuce like a wrap. There is always bread but that adds points and some days I don't want to use so many points on my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment