Monday, December 2, 2013

Super Star of the Week: Danielle Vega


Meet Danielle, a 33 year old from California who has struggled with her weight since High School. She hit "rock bottom" and crawled her way back to a better her. Check out her amazing story below......



When did you start your journey?
November 2011 is when I hit rock bottom and decided that I wanted my life back. I was a hefty 218lbs and a total sour grape.

What is your favorite exercise routine?
Anything with a steal bar and weights on each end , but I'd die if someone told me I couldn't do dead lifts any more. It's my favorite all body workout.

What's on your playlist that gets you pumped?
"Already Home" by Jay-Z, that song is like Nos to me. Anything Chris Brown, JT, Ciara and Rick Ross.

How much weight have you lost total?
In total 41lbs. It doesn't seem like a lot for someone who has been committed to working out for 2yrs, but I have put on muscle mass for sure. I can see and feel it all over my body.

What tips do you have for someone still working towards their goal?
Stay consistent. When/if you fall, get right back up. Remember your life is only lived
once, so don't feel bad to enjoy a non-healthy meal every now and then. Take pictures, they speak louder then a scale does.

How did you lose the weight/ what plan did you follow?
I started my journey with Stroller Strides, then moved to the YMCA and slowly added in weight training with my husband. In May 2013 I hit a plateau which lasted until Sept 2013. I finally caved and join a Weight Watchers group after baring witness to 2 friends having great success on it. I've lost about 12lbs since I joined.

What's your favorite "cheat" meal?
I love me some pizza and fries, but a good o'le Cheese burger from The Habit is heaven on earth for me. With a Whiskey and Coke on the side

What is your favorite snacks?
Frozen mango cubes or a skinny cow wedge with some Wheat Thins.

What's your favorite motivational quote or saying?
Push yourself, no one is going to do it for you.

Who is your biggest inspiration?
Honestly, I'm my biggest motivation. I've come a long way and I've lived life during my journey, every time I fell I got right back up and I continue to do so. But I have a friend, she's a mother of 3, full time job/mommy/wife and she gets in her run at least 5 days a week, more if she can. If she has time for a healthy life then I have no excuse.

How much more weight do you want to lose?
I'd like to shred another 20lbs, it's so hard to have a number. After you have a baby your body physically changes so it's hard to imagine what I'd look like at a specific weight.

Have you always had a weight issue?
Since high school, yes. I've been up and down. I'm the lowest I've been on almost 7years.

What made you decide to start losing weight?
Well I was bitter, angry and so unhappy with myself. I could feel my marriage suffering and I could see the unhappiness behind every smile in my pictures. I saw clothes that once fit me too big "shrink" into something small. I had to take control or myself or I was going to loose my mind, amongst other things. Taking the challenge and telling myself that I deserved a better life was the best thing I have done for myself in the past 8years.




A huge congrats to Danielle for making the choice to be healthy and happy! Never give up and always remember you're beautiful! I love how real everyone has been, it isn't an easy road but as you can see from all these amazing weight loss stories it is worth it.

Be an inspiration message me your story at Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat and you might be a super star of the week!

Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat

No comments:

Post a Comment