Monday, November 11, 2013

Recipe Corner : Apple Butternut Squash Soup

I love soups, esp this time of year and I have found that when I add a soup to my lunch it helps me feel much more full when I'm done and helps me not over eat. I went online and found a few recipes for butternut squash and I asked a good friend how she makes hers so I put a little bit of all of them together. This is so yummy and super low in points!!! Enjoy!!!


Apple Butternut Squash Soup 

1pp/1pt per cup! 

3lb butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
2 small apples (I used jazz apples)
1 onion, diced 
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup diced carrots 
3 tbs of fresh parsley 
4 cups of vegetable broth
All spice powder- to taste
Nutmeg powder- to taste
Ginger powder- to taste


Put the butternut squash, apples, onion, carrots, parley, 3 cups of vegetable broth, and spices in a pan and cook about 10 minutes or until squash is tender. Then in batches blend soup in a food processor. Put processed soup in a sauce low while you finish blending everything. Once all blended and reunited in sauce pan add the last of the broth to your liking....less for thicker soup, more for thinner. 

Apple Butternut Squash Soup

Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat

2 comments:

  1. this is great I follow you on facebook and was wondering if you have an instagram account and what, if any weight watchers cook books you use. The meals you have been making look great, didn't know if you bought a cookbook or if you get them from meetings. Any recipe help would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Casey! I don't have a fitness instagram.....I should probably look into that. Right now I just use my personal one to post food pictures which I then post on Facebook. I have two weight watchers cookbooks. I was just thinking this morning I should write a blog about them. They really are fantastic!!!! I have the New Complete Weight Watchers Cookbook and the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook! I also Google weight watcher recipes and find lots online. I am on pinterest and I have a few boards that are decided to "skinny" recipes!

    ReplyDelete