Monday, November 18, 2013

Recipe Corner: Staci's Pumpkin Soup

Staci's Pumpkin Soup



Walmart had their pumpkins on sale for .1 each! So I bought 10, I've been playing with different pumpkin ideas and I thought I love soups so why not make a soup. I winged this so I'm not 100% sure on the measurements so you'll have to eye it and use the spices and amount of pumpkin to your liking.


Ingredients:
2 small pumpkins (mine had pumpkin pie stickers on them, they probably weighed about 2-3lbs each. Not super small but not big either)
Fat Free half and half
Ground Nutmeg
Ground Ginger
Ground Cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Salt
Vegetable broth


I started by cooking the two small pumpkins. To cook I cut them in half seeded them and then cut into 4's. Baked at 350 for 45 minutes. Once they cooled I peeled the skin off. Pureed the "meat" in a food processor. I got a sauce pan out set it over medium heat used about 3 cups of vegetable broth,  about 1/4 cup of FF half and half, added the pumpkin puree (I kept adding to get the consistency I wanted and ended up using almost all the pumpkin...there is probably a cup of pumpkin left) sprinkled pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, ginger, salt and cinnamon to taste. Mixed until well blended and cooked until fully heated. Fresh cooked pumpkin (canned pumpkin has points) is no points so this soup comes out to 0pts for 1 cup and 1pt for 2 cups!!!!

Pumpkin Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment