Sunday, November 17, 2013

Super Star of the Week: Angela Reid!!!!!

I am loving all the weight loss stories! Meet Angela, a 29 year old from California who has gone up and down with her weight over the past few years. She lost 40lbs in 2006,  maintained that for a few years, but slowly put the weight back. In January of 2013 she really made a lifestyle change that turned her from the "fat friend" into the power house that she is today! Check out her amazing story below.
November 2013




When did you start your journey?
July 2012
 "I STARTED Walking on November 28th 2012 and I joined WW again for the third time in January 2013."

What is your favorite exercise routine? 
"I love to run now I used to hate it but I got into it this year and I really enjoy it plus I burn the most calories that way. Also running is very therapeutic for me when I'm feeling upset or mad I want to run!! It makes me feel good and relieves the stress. I follow my runs with some weight lifting! I Love deadlifts!!"
Look at that back progression!!!!


What's on your playlist that gets you pumped? 
"I listen to Pandora the club dance or dance option so its a mixture of fast paced upbeat songs. Without music I feel lost and out of it, a song can get me through parts of my work outs, I've even started dancing around when I run usually its my head and arms moving around, I bet other people laugh at me but that's fine with me I'm burning calories!!"

How much weight have you lost total?
"I started this time around at 194lbs and I got down to 149lbs in June so that's 45 pounds. I've been going up and down since then, currently I'm 164lbs so that's a 30 pound difference. I've also had my body fat done and its currently 20.8 and I'm very proud of that!"

What tips do you have for someone still working towards their goal?
"NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP!!! It's not an easy road to take but it's a great one and
Aug 2011 to August 2013
the end results are amazing! I've struggled the last couple months but I haven't given up and I wont. I've cried through some of my workouts BUT if I quit what's that saying to myself? That I'm not important enough? I am important and I do believe in myself. I encourage you to believe in yourself and to keep pushing your limits, you will surprise yourself!"


How did you lose the weight/ what plan did you follow?
 "I started with walking and slowly changing my food choices, no soda, and I cut back on alcohol big time. In January 2013 I joined Weight Watchers and I do their plan. I also drink a gallon of water a day and eat lots more fruits and veggies!"

What's your favorite "cheat" meal?
"Something greasy, like tacos de papa, homemade enchiladas or anything with peanut butter."

What is your favorite snacks? 
"Banana, Brussels sprouts, Popcorn, any fruit cut up with lemon and chili powder on top!"

What's your favorite motivational quote or saying?
 "Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve." Also love Nikes "just do it"

Who is your biggest inspiration?
 "My biggest inspiration is me! When I challenge myself and beat those challenges it
FEB 2013 to Jun 2013
inspires me to keep challenging and pushing myself further!" 


How much more weight do you want to lose? 
 "My goal weight is 143lbs, so about 21 more pounds."

Have you always had a weight issue?
 Yes ever since I was 12 I've was the "fat friend." I was very self conscious as a teenager and it continued into adulthood until I decided to make changes."

What made you decide to start losing weight?
"A few reasons, in 2012 I had a lump in my breast and I had to have an ultrasound along with 5 doctor visits in a year. Thankfully it was a healthy mass but it scared me and motivated me to make healthier changes so I can take care of my body. I only get one so I need to care for it. I'm currently in the process of adopting my special needs nephew and I want to be able to play with him without getting out of breath. By me living a healthy and active lifestyle I'm showing him by example, he loves going hiking with me and he comes to the gym with me. He will ask "Did you workout today?"
I was unhappy about my weight and appearance and I felt uncomfortable in my own skin and unhappy with myself but I wasn't willing to make changes based on that. I was my meanest friend I put myself down everyday with negative comments and beat myself up mentally telling myself "YOUR just not GOOD enough", it was not healthy. I'm an emotional eater so when I felt any emotion I would eat, especially if I was upset. In November 2012 I was sad and hurt from a relationship ending that I didn't want to end, I decided to take charge then. I told myself you can be hurt, sad and feed those feelings
Dec 2012 to Jun 2013
with bad unhealthy food which in the end will make me even sadder and unhappy OR you can channel your pain into something positive SO on the day he moved away I started walking. I walked 6 days a week for 2 hours a day. I changed my eating and most important I changed my thought process and I started giving myself compliments everyday (they say for every one negative comment give yourself 5 positive ones so that's what I started doing) When I first started walking it took me 2 hours to walk almost 7 miles and today 11/11/13 I ran 5 miles in 45 mins!! I feel like my weight loss was a great experience for me, I learned to LOVE who I am which is something I don't think I've ever done. I cried the moment I realized that I LOVED myself and that's when I finally felt happy.....I finally felt like ME!!


 
July 2013
Congrats to Angela on her journey.....I know you will reach your final goal and I am so beyond proud to see what positive steps you have taken...both mentally and physically. As an emotional eater myself I know the struggle to overcome that. Changing your thought process is hard but it is one of the biggest keys to success in weight loss. You rock girl!
WOWZA!!!!


Be an inspiration:
I'd love to hear your story! Message me at Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat and you might be our super star one week!!!

Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat

No comments:

Post a Comment