Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Recipe Corner: Skinny Pumpkin Pie

I used a recipe I got from Skinnytaste.com and tweaked it a little bit, the end result is amazing! I am not usually a big pumpkin pie person, usually it's the texture that bothers me the most. I've never made a pumpkin pie so I wanted to try my hand at it and OMG this pie is delicious and full of flavor!!! You can find the original recipe at skinnytaste.com below is my version, which only has some added spice.

Skinny Pumpkin Pie
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8th • Old Points: 3 pt • Points+: 5 pts
 

Ingredients: 


  • 15 oz canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree) I used homemade
  • 2 tbsp light butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
  • 1/2 cup fat free milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 frozen pie crust
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

 Place pumpkin in a large bowl. Add light butter, and mix well. Using an electric mixer, mix in brown sugar, milk, eggs, egg whites, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
Bake 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with whipped topping and enjoy!

Skinny Pumpkin Pie




Source: Skinnytaste.com
Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat

No comments:

Post a Comment