Monday, November 11, 2013

Super Star of the week! Joshua Wirth!!

Meet Joshua....a 33 year old from Savannah Georgia who made a choice with some tough love from friends to get fit....not only for himself but for his children. A motivation I use myself, our children look to us for guidance and they watch us when we don't think they are. Losing weight is such a satisfying thing to do but knowing that you are setting the right example for your little ones is truly the biggest reward. Josh has spent the past 5 months working hard and making some major progress....he is still on his journey but he is most defiantly a super star! Check out his story below!


Josh in 2007


When did you start your journey?
About 4-5 months ago. 

What is your favorite exercise routine?
Walk with my kids.

What's on your playlist that gets you pumped?
A lot of DubStep
 
How much weight have you lost so far?
Almost 40lbs

What made you decide to start losing weight?
My back was killing me I was sick a lot and my best friend and boss came to me and said this is it you lose weight or basically we are done. It was tuff love but it was and is what
Josh and his wife Lindsey in 2008
I needed. He wasn't just an ass about it he is super supportive and pays my WW dues and set up a coalition of people that care for me and made them put there money where there mouth was and between him and my friends i will be given i think its up to 26 or 27 dollars for every pound i lose up to 150 lbs.


What tips do you have for someone still working towards their goal?
Don't give up even when you slip up. Find a diet and workout plan that allows you to eat the things you like and to do the things you like. If you do that you will be more successful.

How did you lose the weight/ what plan did you follow?
I use WW. Its great because it allows you to eat the things you want while teaching you portion control. It also has a huge amount of info at your disposal.
 
What's your favorite "cheat" meal?
Pizza

What is your favorite snacks?
Josh with his wife Lindsey and son Leland in 2009

Bananas

What's your favorite motivational quote or saying?
"Never give up!"  ~Winston Churchill

What/Who is your biggest inspiration?

 Being able to wear a speedo during bikini season! LOL My kids and being around for them.

How much more weight do you want to lose?
110lbs
 
Have you always had a weight issue?
Until I hit Puberty I was a runt. It seems like the summer before HS I grew a few inches. I was 6 ft tall in my freshman year and I weighed 215 lbs. I was big but not fat. I started working out and and playing football when I did my shoulders and chest got really big while still having a smallish waist. lol The end of my Sophomore year I was eating like I was still playing sports and I wasn't. I gained a bunch of weight When I started my Jr year i was 300 lbs and that's when I started my first diet. I dropped down to 240 ish a few months into my Jr year I had a 52 chest and a 36 waste I loved being that size. I like being big just not this big. When I went to college I was working the night shift at Home Depot and worked out twice a day by this time I had grown another inch and weighed 270ish and was stronger then I had ever been which I stayed at for a few years. Then in 2006 I got a sales job. Which meant no more physical work and I slowly got fatter and fatter. I would diet but as soon as I came off I gained it all back and more. I got to 390 lbs which is when I started the WW diet.

Josh 2013 40lbs lighter and on his way to his goal!
I for one and so super proud of you Josh! You have come a long way and yes you have a journey still ahead of you but you WILL make it there! I can't wait to interview you again when you reach your goal!!!! Keep on rocking....you're a superstar!!!! 

Facebook.com/irunbecauseiliketoeat 

No comments:

Post a Comment